29.7.09

to market to market

oh the usual... cheap chinese made sandals for three euro, fabric, sunscreen, etc etc, people yelling dai dai dai dai! and other phrases in very annoying voices over and over... fresh amazing olives nuts of every kind dried fruit and cheese for purchase by the kilo ) i bought green olives that were NOT as good as the ones in rome but still sweet, and a kilo of almonds yum!) and when i went to buy a skirt, i handed the asshole five euro, he gave me my change and lifted his shirt to show his flaccid uncircumsized penis that he had pulled out of his pants and left sticking out of the top just for me.
my instinct was to punch him. i think i closed my eyes, and walked away, stumbling over something as i left as quickly as possible.

i also wanted to punch the kid who jabbed me in my side for who knows what reason when pushing through the crowd, but thought of being put in jail for assault, and also getting my ass kicked, and restrained myself.

valentina and i rode bicicles to market. uphill the whole way! on the way back there was traffic and i was a bit scared but she was fearless. i almost got hit once, and the second time the bike got all screwy and i had to hop off and fix it ' the fender was broken and stuck in the tire.

all in all i MADE IT and with a couple good buys as well.

ramzi and i are meeting in a moment to discuss my volunteer work teaching art to refugees, and also my work as a writer and photographer for the events (yes i know, events... but it is what it is!) and also the possibility of an apartment.

he may have found me one, which we looked at together yesterday, which was very nice for a one person apartment and spacious and right by the ocean, but last night i met kali jones and we drank white wine on the terrazza and talked into the night about amazing art works sheàs working on. she agreed to let me stay there. now i will have a DARKROOM and an ENGLISH SPEAKING AMAZING ARTIST AS A ROOMMATE.

and a TERRAZZA AND ROOFTOP THE SIZE OF CALCUTTA. SIX FLOORS ABOVE SICILIA. fuck yes.



the link to aldo's site, with link to kali's work is here


http://www.aldopalazzolo.it/kalijones/Index.htm


there are no shots of her current paintings which are hanging in the apartment and are VERY minimalistic, white with a bit of white texture, large canvas, a spot of rust on the corner. she said they were made in a period of emptiness ''' after losing her father and a lover in the same year. i love them.

love you.


look at the new photos i put up.