26.7.09

colours.

meredith '
sipping hot tea in italy this morning near the open door where outside creeps in the smell of compost where geckos eat breakfast lunch and dinner i am reminded of you when i see things living small black swirls in the bottom of my teacup. and near my heart always is the escarabe you gave me and when worried i hold it close to me. it now opens! i can open and close it and inside is you and me and home and safety.
i listened to colours on the plane and in the sky and sang to the passengers and danced in my seat. it was the only song on my ipod that consistently filled me with happiness. reminded me of dancing with you that summer night around a coffee table. and on the train i listened and the world and the hillsides flashed by and i heard the entire hot chip album for, blieve it or not, the first time all the way through and thought of you!
what a gift, friendship.